You can get additional protection for your new car or light truck by purchasing a Ford Extended Service Plan (Ford ESP). Ford ESP service contracts are backed by Ford Motor Company and they provide:
- Additional benefits during the warranty period depending on the plan you purchase (such as: alternative transportation and coverage for certain maintenance and wear items; coverage for certain maintenance and wear items)
- Extended protection after your bumper-to-bumper warranty expires.
Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP) Comparison Tool
- Provides the most comprehensive service contract coverage
- Covers the parts and labor to repair over 1,000 key components – engine, transmission, steering, brakes, front suspension, electrical and more – for up to 7 years or 125,000 miles.
- High-tech service plan coverage to protect you from unexpected vehicle repair costs
- Covers the parts and labor to repair 113 key components in 10 major vehicle systems – engine, transmission, electrical and more – for up to 7 years or 125,000 miles.
- Major service plan coverage to protect you from unexpected vehicle repair costs
- Covers the parts and labor to repair 84 key components in 10 major vehicle systems – engine, transmission, electrical and more – for up to 7 years or 125,000 miles.
- Critical service plan coverage to protect you from unexpected vehicle repair costs
- Covers the parts and labor to repair 29 key components for up to 7 years or 125,000 miles.
Extended Powertrain Coverage applies to:
- Engine: all internal lubricated parts, cylinder block, cylinder heads, electrical fuel pump, electronic engine control unit, engine mounts, flywheel, injection pump, manifold (exhaust and intake), manifold bolts, oil pan, oil pump, seals and gaskets, thermostat, thermostat housing, timing chain cover, timing chain (gears or belt), turbocharger/supercharger unit, valve covers, water pump
- Transmission: all internal parts, clutch cover, seals and gaskets, torque converter, transfer case (including all internal parts), transmission case, transmission mounts
- Front-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive shafts, final drive housing (including all internal parts), hubs-automatic front locking (four-wheel drive), locking rings (four-wheel drive), seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints
- Rear-Wheel Drive: axle shafts, bearings (front and rear), center support bearing, drive axle housing (including all internal parts), drive shaft, propeller shafts, retainers, supports, seals and gaskets, universal and constant velocity joints.
Extended Corrosion Coverage applies to:
The extended warranty coverage only applies if a body sheet metal panel becomes perforated due to corrosion during normal use due to a manufacturing defect in factory-supplied materials or factory workmanship. For damage caused by airborne material (environmental fallout) where there is no factory-related defect involved and therefore no warranty – Ford’s policy is to provide free repair of paint damage due to the airborne material for 12 months or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first.
Extended Powerstroke Diesel Engine Coverage applies to:
The engine, cylinder block, heads and all internal parts, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gear, harmonic balancer, valve covers, oil pan and pump, water pump, fuel system (excluding fuel lines, fuel tank and frame mounted fuel conditioning module sometimes referred to as the frame mounted pump/filter/water separator), high pressure lines, gaskets and seals, glow plugs, turbocharger, two-stage turbocharger assembly, turbocharger actuator, powertrain control module, engine control module, high pressure fuel injection pump assembly, electronic driver unit, injectors, injection pressure sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, high pressure oil regulator, exhaust back pressure regulator and sensor, exhaust pressure sensor, manifold pressure sensor, intake air temperature sensor, crankshaft position sensor, camshaft position sensor, accelerator switch.
Ford ESP Diesel EngineCARE
- Service plan coverage for Super Duty vehicles with Power Stroke engines
- Must be purchased within 5-year/100,000-mile/4,000-hour Diesel Power Stroke Warranty
Diesel EngineCARE Plus:
- Must be purchased within 3-year/36,000-mile/1,440-hour New Vehicle Limited Warranty
- Covers 21 components for 7 years or 200,000 miles / 8,000-hour coverage for 6.0L, 6.4L and 6.7L Engines